How do I package my drive?
Hard drives are extremely delicate and any damage occurring during transportation can make data recovery more difficult.
It’s easy to protect your drive - please follow these tips:
- If you have an anti-static bag, place the drive inside and wrap in bubble wrap. If not, bubble wrap on its own will do.
- Place your bubble-wrapped drive in a box that has enough room for both it and a reasonable amount of packing material all around the drive that would absorb any impacts. Polystyrene chips, scrunched-up newspaper, more bubble wrap…are all perfect.
- If the damaged drive can move around inside its packaging, it is not ready to ship. Add some more packaging material.
More tips to protect your data
- Make sure you include a printed copy of your free evaluation email in the box. Without this, we won’t know it’s yours!
- Consider getting insurance on any hardware that has significant value. You’ll need to arrange your own transportation to exercise this option.